Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Don't Wanna Be A Packrat

So I seem to have a problem when it comes to getting rid of things. I realized this while packing up to move. I could probably fill 4 or 5 boxes with stuff that I either completely forgot I even had or I haven't used in years, yes that's right, YEARS. So what is the point in keeping it all? That's a really good question and I wish I had a good answer.


Here is a list of some of the ridiculous things I found...


-A set of air freshener stone things I bought at the fair in 2002! (This is interesting considering Thomas and I have only lived in this apartment for a year which means I packed these up once already and put them in the back of a closet as soon as I unpacked them.)


-3 old backpacks


-7 old purses (one with a broken strap & another with a rip in one of the outside pockets... seriously, why do I keep these things???)


-A Milli Vanilli CASSETTE TAPE (The "Girl You Know It's True" Album, I remember listening to this in my backyard on my Walkman when I was in the 3rd grade!)


-So many different body sprays and lotions I was able to keep what I wanted and put the rest up for grabs at my in-laws house to my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law (he took a hand sanitizer that doesn't really smell girly) and still have some left over to donate to my mother-in-law's church!


-And a VCR (We don't own a single Video Cassette...)


I found all of this already and we aren't even halfway done with packing yet. I wonder what else I will find. After finding all this I realized that I need to get rid of some stuff because I don't want to have to pack all of that back up again every time we move.


Well if I find anything else worth mentioning I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment